HAVEN offers specialized services to women in a variety of ways.
- Women’s Health Clinic Days, which provide women with annual obstetrical and gynecological exams (including PAP smears), pregnancy testing, contraceptive education and provision, IUD insertion, and mammography screening referrals.
- Women’s Group, which aims to help women maintain optimal mental health and offers them the opportunity to discuss issues affecting their daily lives and to create solutions cooperatively.
- Women’s focused education activities including SHARE(Saturday’s at Haven: Activities, Resources and Education)–these once a month events are intended for the entire family. At SHARE meetings, families participate in fun activities and crafts, receive guidance on resources that are available in the community and learn more about topics that are of interest to them.
- To expand women’s and men’s mental health groups to meet twice a month
- To ensure qualified and sustainable mental health group leadership through compensation
- To provide hands-on health education (in conjunction with education department) in a family-friendly and multicultural manner
Women’s Health Clinic Days
Women’s health care is always available at the HAVEN Free Clinic, but in an effort to provide more specific women-centered care in a safe environment, we are now offering Women’s Health Clinic Days twice a month. On these days additional women’s health practitioners will be available to provide services including: annual obstetrical and gynecological exams (including PAP smears), pregnancy testing, contraceptive education and provision, IUD insertion, and mammography screening referrals. Please note that while we do not provide pregnancy or abortion services, we do provide our clients with appropriate referrals. Dates of women’s clinic to be announced.
The HAVEN Free Clinic hosts a Women’s Group on the fourth Saturday of each month at 10am. The group aims to help women maintain optimal mental health. It offers women the opportunity to discuss issues affecting their daily lives and to create solutions cooperatively. Topics include domestic violence, addiction, depression and other suggestions based on the preferences of the women involved. Please come join us at the clinic at 10 am on the first Saturday of each month! Free child care is available.
With questions about any of these programs, please contact Laura Rishel (email@example.com) or call (203) 314-9305